Friday, January 3, 2014

Sgraffito

The winter session classes started today at the St. Lucie County Rock and Gem Club.  I am starting to really love enameling and hope to be adding some enameled items to my webpage in the near future.  Still not entirely comfortable with the technique and need to do a lot of research, but here is what I accomplished today.


Our previous instructor, Marilynn Papendick, broke her hip and is in rehabilitation, so Willi Miller is our instructor for this session.  Today we practiced with the Sgraffito technique.

Here is a photo of the pieces everyone did in class today.  


Here is a closeup of my finished piece.


Now I just have to make a chainmaille necklace to go with this nautical pendant!

Check out what classes the St. Lucie County Rock and Gem Club has to offer at http://www.slcrockandgem.org/.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. It will be added soon!