Monday, February 10, 2014

Florida Jewelry Artists Retreat

Just arrived home from the Florida Jewelry Artists Retreat held at the Advent Christian Village in north-central Florida!  We had 21 jewelry artists this year and had a blast renewing friendships and learning new techniques.

Catherine King taught a Bead Embroidery class; Anne Hesse taught the Angels In Disguise beaded doll class; Suzanne Bang (assisted by Catherine King) taught a Soutache class; Genny Smith taught Chainmaille; Suzanne Bang (assisted by Genny Smith) taught Vikings Knit; and Maria Hormaza taught Bead Crochet!

I am so happy that I was able to bead all weekend without any pains to my hands or wrists!  Finally!!!  I only have one completed project, but will post as soon as the others are completed!  Our week of  camaraderie was so great!  It is unimaginable that you can have 21 women together without any conflicts, but we had a grand time beading and sharing!  The only downer was their was no wi-fi or cellphone coverage!  We so missed our technology!

I was finally able to complete a Anne Hesse doll!!!  I love love love her!  She is very eclectic, but adorable.  Meet my Angel in Disguise!

"Be My Angel"

Can't believe I have to wait another year for our next get-together, but the memories of all our laughter will have to be enough until we meet again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. It will be added soon!