Saturday, April 12, 2014

Meet my Garden Party Doll, FLORA!

After MANY days of beading, let me introduce you to Flora!

We had so much fun and laughter during Anne Hesse's Garden Party Doll Class last weekend at Beads and Baubles in Fort Pierce, Florida.


Annie is such a wonderful teacher and has such a loving, sharing spirit!  Even though Annie pre-assembled the body parts for our dolls, she supplied us with patterns and a multitude of "secrets" to make our doll moveable.  This was such a wonderful experience and I do believe I shall start making dolls!  I made "cabbage patch" dolls for my daughter and niece close to thirty years ago and really wish that photographs were as prominent then as now, so I would be able to share my first experience in doll making.

Here are a few photos from the class.

 
Annie and her dolls!


These were our class samples

Anne Hesse, Me, Catherine King, Molly, Suzanne Bang and Jane Weaks

Alice Salvia, Sandie Alexander, Susan Barette (owner of Beads and Baubles in Fort Pierce, Florida), Judy Atwood and Sarah Bromley

Catherine King's finished doll face

Sarah Bromley's finished doll face

Suzanne was the only one to complete her doll in class!

Here is Sarah's finished doll, Ruby, named for her ruby lips!


Love the beaded detail on the back of her dress!


AND NOW......MEET FLORA!!!  

I decided to do a true Garden Party doll and add some flowers to her cheeks.

For Flora's jewelry, I wire wrapped a small piece of Rhodochrosite that I had accidentally dropped right after I cut it.  It made a beautiful pendant!

Then I added some chain to complete the necklace.

Face and jewelry being attached and Flora is coming to life!

Flora's beaded bracelets and ring!

AND HERE SHE IS.............I absolutely love her!  It took many (many) hours to bead, but she is worth it!



Let me know what you think!  If you ever have a chance to take one of Annie's classes, do not pass it up!  You will have the time of your life!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. It will be added soon!