Friday, April 25, 2014

Week of Insanity

It has been such a busy insane week!  Cleaning jewelry, firing bottles, adding to jewelry inventory, torch out - copper cuffs in the works, Metal Impressions class, doll making class, house - not so much!  And to add to the insanity my pieces for the 8th Annual Bead Soup Blog Party are due to be revealed on May 3rd (with a complete blog post)!  Have started my pieces, but have a long long way to go!!!


Also, NOTE TO SELF:  put cup UNDER Kurig before hitting brew button and turning away!!!  Thank God there is a reservoir to catch the missed coffee!!!  Bob is taking me out for dinner and a movie tonight to give my brain a rest before I continue the insanity, getting ready for my 3 upcoming shows next week.

This 10-week session, I am only taking one class at St. Lucie County Rock and Gem Club, Metal Impressions, taught by Joe David.  We have a full class with +Catherine King+Gen Smith+Don Bromley (Sarah), Marion Matake, Susan Barette, Ric and Tony!

 Marion Matakes using the disc cutter

+Don Bromley (Sarah) and Tony contemplating the wire draw plate

There is more than one way to pull that stubborn wire through the draw plate.  We believe in team work!!!  +Don Bromley and +Catherine King 

I completed my first project last night!!!  AND got an EXCELLENT from our teacher!!!  It was textured with #60 sand paper, folded and hammered, shaped, bail is soldered and then torch fired.  I am really happy with the outcome!


Joe David is finding out why +Catherine King +Gen Smith +Don Bromley (Sarah) and I are lovingly termed "The Wild Women of Monday Night" by Hannah Pollack, our cabbing instructor.  We recently took Anne Hesse's Garden Party Doll class at Beads and Baubles in Fort Pierce and the "cousins" have been making their rounds.  Ruby Lips has been to Niagara Falls, been skydiving, been in a parade, among other adventures and then they have, one at a time, been coming to our Metal Impressions class to meet their other cousins.  Last night we had four of the cousins, Ruby Lips aka +Don Bromley (Sarah), Bella Bleu aka Susan Barette, Flora aka me and Fae aka +Catherine King .  We may be "Wild Women" and "Ladies of the Evening", but we have TONS of fun!!!


And, if that isn't enough insanity, my house is totally turned upside down (more than the normal, with a 100# Rottweiler bringing in the outdoors indoors) getting ready for my upcoming shows next week.

PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND JOIN ME!!!

APRIL 30th - I will be at the Vine and Barley located at 1680 SW St. Lucie West Boulevard in Port St. Lucie for my MOTHERS' DAY EXTRAVAGANZA!!!  Danette Hilburn has been kind enough to let me host another event at her wine bar.  She is also letting me play garbage collector and supplying me with her empties!  I will have handcrafted jewelry and recycled wine bottle serving trays that would make a lovely gift for Mother's Day!  Also, Wednesday they have live acoustic music so come out and join the fun!!!

 

My close friend, Melody Floyd, has outdone herself making another gift basket for my event at the Vine and Barley.  Raffle tickets will be on sale and the winning ticket drawn at the end of the evening.  Will make any mother happy to receive this wonderful basket of goodies!!!


MAY 3rd - I will be joining my friends, +Catherine King and +Gen Smith at Ocean Palms Independent Living Community at 2750 SE Ocean Boulevard in Stuart for their annual GINORMOUS INDOOR "GARAGE" SALE.  We will have our tables on the second floor atrium right off the west elevator.  Genny specializes in chainmaille and wire jewelry and Catherine is an extremely talented bead embroiderer.  I will have some jewelry pieces and my wine bottle serving trays.  I have never been to this event, but I understand it is huge and will have tons of vendors.


MAY 7th - I will be at the PSL Son's of Italy Traveling Quarter Auction.  Their charity for the evening will be the Fraternal Order of Police.  I will have a table with my handcrafted jewelry and wine bottle serving trays and will have 2 items up for auction and another offered as a door prize.  You could win for only 2 quarters!  Last week hosted the following vendors, Tupperware, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, a massage therapist, a Passions representative (no-one under 18 allowing at the auctions!), Candle Lite, someone with handcrafted wreaths, BeautiControl, Locket jewelry and others!  The first eight people who come out to support me will be given a bidding paddle on me.  BRING TONS OF QUARTERS and plan to have tons of fun!!!  Just remember that no-one under 18 is allowed at the Quarter Auctions!


So needless to say, every surface in my huge house is covered in the makings of jewelry, wine bottle serving trays and lamps.  You name it, it is out and in everyone's way!  But everything is starting to come together!

If you haven't already, you can follow me by Webpage, Facebook, (please LIKE and FOLLOW), PinterestLinked IneBayTwitterGoogle+ (make sure to add me to your Google Friend Connect), Instagram, and you can follow my blog through the links on the right to FOLLOW BY EMAIL and SUBSCRIBE TO POSTS.  Please share my webpage and blog through Facebook and Twitter.  Word of mouth is the best form of advertising you can have!

My next post will be about my April 30th event at the Vine and Barley!  Make sure to come back and check it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. It will be added soon!