Tuesday, January 2, 2018

My Word for 2018

Every year we make a list of resolutions for the upcoming year.  The lists are always the same and almost universal.  I'm going to lose the extra weight.  I'm going to exercise every day and be more fit.  I'm going to eat healthy food.......yada yada yada!


I was asked yesterday if I had a WORD for the year.  Just one word, one goal.  A new perspective that I have never heard of.  She told me my word should be HEALING.  I was in agreement with that word as I needed to heal my body and soul.

But, today I ran across a blog and guess what?  She was sharing her Word for 2018!  So I guess it's not such a novel idea, I'm just a little slow to catch on.  So I continued to read her blog post and I have decided that my WORD FOR 2018 will be GROWTH.

Even though I need to heal, that healing has already begun.  I had a major surgical procedure in 2017 which will ward off having to have two MAJOR surgeries in the near future.  I finally faced a major crutch in my life that was killing me physically and mentally.  Facing the truth head on that nothing was going to change, the lies would always continue.  Moving forward with a divorce has begun the healing of my soul.  So my healing has already begun.

But, GROWTH.  This word touched me deeply today because growth is what I need to move forward.

Growth mentally - to realize that I am worth it and the growing back of my security and self-confidence.

Growth physically - to strengthen my body to ward off any mental or physical ailments that may hinder me.

Growth financially - to grow my business.  My business, my commodity, is ME.

I work with my hands as an artist.  I design jewelry, both beading and from raw materials.  I have kilns, grinding machines, torches, any tool imaginable, all with the goal of creating a unique piece of jewelry.

I work with textiles.  I sew, crochet, knit and work with paper.  There are so many ways to grow my business with these talents.

I work with words and thoughts.  I design websites.  My own, which I am rebuilding from the ground up.  I am searching for a trademark that is uniquely me.  It is floating in my brain, but the final has not been determined.  I have designed web pages for several of my friends and for a local bead society, but these deserve their own blog post.

I use my camera for product photography.  I personally photograph the jewelry or other art on the web pages that I have designed.

GROWTH!  It is a word and goal I can reach for.....growing my business, growing my Facebook and Blog followers.  In growing my business, I also grow the businesses of my friends and future clients.

I am a very organized person and I have lost that along with everything else personally in the last few years.  Stress can do that.  It almost killed my soul.  So in this growth, I will regain my organizational skills and record my growth.  How do you know you have grown unless you record it.

I have a plan and will use my 2018 Word of the Year to gain it!  GROWTH!!!

If you like my blog, you can help me in my GROWTH by liking, following and sharing my blog and Facebook pages with your friends and family.

What is your WORD FOR 2018?  Comment below and let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. It will be added soon!