Friday, March 14, 2014

Meet my Partner in the 8th Annual Bead Soup Blog Party!!!

The ingredients for my POT of "soup" arrived today!  Talk about having doubts about the soup ingredients I sent to my partner in my first bead soup party!


I want to start off by thanking Lori Anderson for accepting me as a member of this HUGE Bead Soup Blog Party!  Even through major medical issues and pain, she has weathered on to make sure this year's party was a success!  THANK YOU, LORI!!!

My partner for my first Bead Soup Blog Party is Elizabeth "Liz" Schertz Bunn aka Elizabeth Beads!   Liz is an amazing lampwork bead artist!!!  Her beads are a true work of art!

Here are a few examples of her beads that you can purchase in her Etsy Store!







The next time you need quality lampwork beads, give her a shout!  I know I will!

Liz and I have tons in common.  Lori did an excellent job of matching us up.  We both have a legal background with real estate.  She was a legal assistant for an energy company and I was a Real Estate Paralegal.

We are both task oriented and get totally out of whack when our routine is derailed.  

We both have cats and love animals and we both love to write.  She is much better than I am.  I tend to just ramble on!  

And we both love GLASS!  I haven't mastered lampworking yet, but I truly appreciate all the hard work that is put into each and every bead.  I do work with fused glass and I am totally in love with it!

Now for the ingredients I received from Liz for my POT of soup!  I am overwhelmed with her generosity!  


Along with the wrappings were candies and chocolate!  I love, love, love chocolate!!!


Liz sent me TONS of beads!  

She hit it on the nail with color - I am a blue/green kinda girl!  

I am absolutely in love with the gorgeous focal bead that I am guessing was made by Liz herself.  There are also copper beads, gemstone beads, pearls and crystals.  There are several focal options within this group of beads!  

I sure hope she's as happy with her package as much as I am with mine.  Although I didn't send enough ingredients for a whole pot of soup, she should have enough ingredients for a substantial bowl.  

The ingredients are soaking in a pot waiting for the final seasoning of inspiration!

Here are photos of the ingredients that I sent to Liz.  I was so worried about making sure I had all the requirements that I forgot to send her a business card.

I had several ideas in mind for making a focal bead - either enameled, fused glass or a hand cut cabochon.  But Liz doesn't make jewelry and I was worried about what jewelry techniques she has mastered.  She has been through a lot in the last month in and out of hospitals, between both her husband and cat, so I did not want to add to the stress!

Here are my masked ingredients!


And here is my reveal!

I finally just hit my stash and worked around this beautiful Cinnabar fish.  Hopefully, her finished piece will give her happy thoughts about her new friend from Florida!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. It will be added soon!