Wednesday, December 6, 2017

To New Beginnings - A Personal Journey

Today is a great day!  After 26 years of marriage, my name changed from Mrs. to Ms.


This is the beginning of an exciting adventure in my life - a decision that I was finally able to like myself enough to walk away and no longer accept the mistreatment I was receiving from a man, even to the day I walked away, continued to tell his lies of love and devotion.

I may have wanted so hard to believe these lies in the past, even when I was aware that he was lying to me.  But, no more will I let insecurity be the driver of my life as it races into the future!

I have many precious friends who have been supportive throughout the last five years - without question, asking  "What can I do to help?".  No games, pretending not to know, only wanting to add to the gossip mill.  Taking the man's side, who has done nothing but cheat and lie for the last five years.

I will be paring down my Facebook friends of those who have professed to be the closest of my friends, but who have for the last months become close friends with my NOW EX-husband's mistress.  I no longer will have deceitful people in my life.

For our mutual friends, I just ask for privacy, his and my own.   I do not want to talk or hear about his life.  I want an honest friendship based on us, not him.  My life with him is over.

That being said, I am so excited to begin my new life!  I will be on my own for the FIRST TIME in my 56 years!  My last chapter will be ruled by no-one but myself.

Mitzy will speed her way to wherever the compass leads and my beloved dog, Charly and three cats (Bailey, Cleo and Pretty Cat).....and any other animal that arrives on my steps, will help me etch my place on Earth.  MS Deborah Apodaca will be the total navigator from this day forth!

I will send my new contact information to those who want to be an honest, true and loyal friend, when the time to move has come.  My heart will not break again from any false friendships.

I will finally be finding my niche in the mixed media art world - designing and teaching jewelry; coppersmithing; silversmithing; cutting and grinding my own cabochons and gemstones; hand-crafted art dolls; recycling glass for wine trays; photography and webpage design; and so much more!

The best compliment he ever gave me was that I was never scared to take the bull by the horns and give it my all for anything I wished to learn.  So I, MS. Deborah Apodaca, divorced December 6, 2017, will step into my adventure unencumbered by deceit and lies and taking that bull by the horn!!!

There is a time and a season for all....my new season has begun!  2018, here I come!!!!

WISHING EVERYONE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & SAFE HOLIDAY SEASON!  


4 comments:

  1. Very well said Deb...... I'll have to get you a North Star so you can stay the course. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ms.Deborah!! You deserve only unconditional love from the ones that you choose to surround you. To a bright 2018 for you! Best wishes from a baseball wife, aka Ms.Johnson ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. It will be added soon!